Recommended for young leadership groups and/or students
“Shoot the Expert” – Military Intelligence and the Middle East
The group will have a taste of how it is to be an military intelligence officer, dealing with the twisted realities in the Middle East. Following a brief lecture, the group will be divided into groups and will read and assess the latest media articles from the Arab world. We will then re-group and analyze these articles. This exercise will empower the group to understand media articles of this type and, in future, to be able to read them in a more critical way.
- What is the role of the Intelligence Officer in the IDF? – a personal insight.
- Basic concepts in the geopolitics of the region: Islam, Shi’ite, Sunni and sects in between.
- borders in the Middle East.
- Israel’s (overt and covert) relations with its neighbors and other countries in the Middle East.
- Biases in different sources, cross information, and data extraction – focusing on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
“Knowledge is Power” (KIP)
Basic facts vs. myths about the Arab-Israeli conflict
The Truth about Israel – about the following issues:
- KIP 1: The true cause of Arab/Muslim unrest and friction with the West: Internal conflicts in the Middle East, the roots of the terror attacks in Paris, California and Florida.
- KIP 2: Does Israel want peace or aggression? The truth about Israel and its neighbors: borders, wars, special relationships and more.
- KIP 3: Did Israel cause “massive civilian damage in the Gaza conflict” – the last operation in Gaza: IDF activity – between legal to legitimate; “Human shield” and collateral damage; how both sides protected their civilians?
- KIP 4: Does Israel policy in Jerusalem inflame Palestinians? the historical connection between the Muslims and Jerusalem versus the historical connection between the Jews and Jerusalem. The City’s history. Who really controls the ‘holy sites’ in Jerusalem today?